This blog has become a part of my life.A recollection of my thoughts,feelings and ideas are reflected in these pages.I thought that writing a blog was something like a hobby but I was so wrong. It has become an expression.I realised it today that I lost it.
Today I lost my blog.
Something happened and I could not open my central blog page.The posts were still in the edit page but they couldn't be republished from the start. As a result I had to delete my blog and copy all my previous posts into a new blog with the same name. Notice that all the posts are archived in September but I started in April. I was certainly lucky that the posts were saved!
When I lost the blog I felt I lost a part of me. What bothers me most is that I lost the comments of my blog friends.I know that more will come in the future but I wanted to be able to read them and reflect on them.Its strange that you never know some people but you look forward to hear their views even though you have not met them. How did I get attached to this?
My life in a blog. A part of my life now.
How do you feel about your blog? What if everything got lost?
I think that we do give more of ourselves than we really think we do!
(image by krecha)



10 comments:
:(
It's frustrating to see all the 0 comments. WTH happened? I still don't get it..
In the past, I was living with the fear of loosing part of my data on the computer, some of them being parts of my creative works that I hadn't released yet in the public. I kept backup's like a maniac. I still do but I have persuaded myself to consider the possibility for the worse to happen in my data. Even if I loose everything, I should be still aware of the nice moments I had while writting texts, the comments I read and stayed in my mind, the experience I gained from my creative works of code, things still remain inside me. Maybe I will be sad and angry for oneday but I'll try to not care much and start from the beginning. This way I feel a little relief from the fear of loss in the electronic world :P
p.s. What if the admins of blogger.com have kept older backups of our blogs and maybe you could send them an email and ask them 1) What happened, 2) If they can help you save some/most/all of the comments from their older backups? I don't know how blogger works and if this is possible. But I would be relieved to see your blog 100% back. It's a bit sad, not because I lost my comments, but because I know how you might feel. Maybe I'd feel the same for one day or two if this happened in my blog..
Maybe here you could ask or search for "lost blog", "lost comments" to find posts with similar problems. I really hope that you'll fully revive your blog :/
http://groups.google.com/group/blogger-help
And this!
http://20stickyposts.blogspot.com/
2007/12/write-blogger-support.html
No, you actually deleted the old blog?! :(
p.s. Sorry for the too many posts
Kosta, I wish I could have a blog in my own domain but my computer knowledge is a bit limited.
Optimus thank you for your help, but now its too late to recover anything.I had to delete the old blog and have a new in the same place so as not to loose the texts as well.Its good that I remembered all the adresses of the blogs I like.I think that I will just try to keep a back up of the comments and texts in the future.
Thanks for caring!
Oh that is so sad! I dont know what I would do if my site went dissapeared like that! But dont worry! We will feed your site with loads of comments again! ;)
Απο το τemplate evita copy and paste.
you can back up your blog anytime with a program like WinHTTrack which copies the entire site to your hard disk.
Stormrider I wish I knew that before!Thanks for the advice!I am going to download it!
Mia you are sooo sweet!!!!!
Post a Comment