I don’t know if you have heard that in a research it was found that Greeks work more hours and are far more underpaid compared to other countries in the rest of the world.From all the species on earth we are the only ones that work more. All the other animals when they finish hunting and finding shelter have plenty of time to have some fun and play but we seem to be running out of time.
Lately I just feel that there is not enough time after work to enjoy life. Most of us work for more than 8 hours because our employers keep us overtime (sometimes without pay) and some of us have a second part-time job in order to cope with the expenses. Even the ones that work for only 8 hours waste more than 2 hours driving or being inside a bus in order to get to work. As a result many people suffer from work related stress. Enjoyment and creativity has been taken out of working and work becomes a daily routine and inevitably slavery. What is then the future of our survival? Are we going to turn into working robots that are not even appreciated?
After living for more than 4 years in the UK when I returned home I realised that I had lost something very important-my independence. Apart from the fact that it was difficult to get a job when I did find one I realised that the salary was just enough to pay the bills and the rent and then there was nothing left, I could not buy the food of the month. For this reason many people stay at home with their parents because they can’t afford to live on their own. As a result they lose their self confidence and self worth as they become dependent.
Sometimes I do feel like wonder woman. I work all day during the week and then I have the weekend to rest but I end up doing all the things that I couldn’t do during the week. At least I am lucky to have the energy to do creative things that remind me that I am actually living my life. I remember that I read somewhere that work is when you wish you are somewhere else. I try to minimize this feeling!
Three recommendations:
-Find a job that you like if possible-then you don’t really view it as work but as creativity that can give a sense of self-achievement.
-Try and have hobbies so that you don’t feel that you postpone life



No comments:
Post a Comment