Sin City is the city of sinners and it’s a black n' white comic that was created by Frank Miller. He was working for Marvel comics for years but in Dark Horse he created one of the darkest comics in the comic industry.Sin City is one of my favourite comics of all time as I love its haunting crime stories, its dark artwork and brilliant story telling. Sin City is a corrupted city where you will find crime and punishment, corrupted cops, mysterious people and dark secrets. Sin City has no heroes as they do not live long enough to become heroes. The characters have weaknesses, battle with their inner soul and seek revenge. Frank Millers drawing and storyline is unique and is influenced by film noir and Japanese manga.
A central character in Sin City is Marv Statue, an outlaw that kills in order to find out who killed the hooker Goldie. Goldie is his undying love. Frank Miller said that Marv was his study of the abyss of the human heart. Marv said:
"When I find out who did it, it won't be quick or quiet like it was with you," he promises dead Goldie. "No, it'll be loud and nasty, my kind of kill. I'll stare the bastard in the face and laugh as he screams to God and I'll laugh harder when he whimpers like a baby. And when his eyes go dead, the hell I send him to will seem like Heaven after what I've done to him.
I love you, Goldie."

Sin City was recently adapted for the big screen and was directed by Robert Rodriguez, Quentin Tarantino and Miller himself. Therefore the fans of the comic were excited to watch that the film was identical to the comic series and for me it is the best comic adaptation in the film industry so far. I have heard that a second part will be directed with more of Frank Miller stories so watch out.
Apart from Sin City, Miller has created Wolverine one of my favourite comic characters (X-Men), Elektra and Daredevil.
However, Sin City is a pulp-fiction classic and its so worth reading!



No comments:
Post a Comment