
And the circle of violence does not seem to end. When you think that times have changed; that war is something that can mark the black history of our ancestors and that lessons will be learned, another war begins.
Lebanon is burning and its innocent inhabitants are wondering why this is happening to them-they are humans too. They did not kill, they did not harm anyone but they lived they little lives like us, going to work, falling in love...Always in a war the biggest casualties are children but no one cares; war is business. The terrorists that they are looking are allover the country so of course they are going to drop bombs everywhere. Since the war in Iraq, I had started to realize that “terrorism” has become another excuse to start conquering countries. A small country like Israel but very powerful has started the war with the guidance of another more powerful country that wants to take control of the Middle East with the Israelis becoming the moderators.
Europe is silent; nonexistent; looking at the casualties that the war will leave behind.
Sometimes I feel so vulnerable and small. I can't believe that with such an excuse tomorrow someone can say that my country has terrorists and bomb us while the world remains silent. I can't imagine how it is living your life in the Middle East with the fear of everyday being bombed. It is sad, cruel and inhuman. But now I have started to feel fear seeing all these innocent people dying helpless. What has the world come to? How can we watch and do nothing? Enough is enough!
(image by Miftahur Rizka-a photographer)



No comments:
Post a Comment