When I first started this blog I just wanted a space were I could write some ideas and post some photos that I created.As a person I have a creative drive and a need to write and communicate my thoughts and feelings through writing,art or with any other medium.I was really happy when I started having comments by some people that seemed to be open-minded and then their comments started to matter a lot.I liked the fact that the blog could be an arena of discussion about a topic something that I realized that was not always accomplished but still the blog for me apart from expression became an important medium of communication.Lately I have lost the motivation to write because I have noticed in many instances blogs becoming bitter at times,self-centered, angry and disrespectful.In many instances I felt that the blog is becoming for some a medium were they can meet people,form relationships and a space were they can create a persona that is different from who they really are.
This blog is really about me and this is why a lot of my friends read it even if they don't comment.I could even post my photograph I have nothing to hide.The only reason that I don't do it is because I don't want someone that is not in my life now to be able to follow my life like an ex boyfriend.Because this is my diary of thoughts and emotions.I have never met someone from the net and I have never met someone that comments or reads my blog.There is nothing wrong with meeting people from the net or finding the love of your life (even though I have objections with that) but in some instances I have realized that some of the people that write blogs have this as a primary or only goal and then the blog becomes nothing more than a chat room.
In many instances, I get discouraged when things get misinterpreted and go way out of proportion and when I realize that a person comments but has not really read my article and this is something that should not affect me at all but sometimes it does.I was wondering if you have ever felt discouraged too by some of the things that you read in the blog community or by some of the comments that people write in your blogs.I think ultimately it depends on the answer to the question: for who are we writing for.
For who are you writing?
(art by hoon)



10 comments:
there is one thing I am thinking right now pixie, something that i "read" in your post: no matter what other people do, PLEASE don't stop writing!!!!!!!!!
@anastasia
We have talked in the past about discouragement and whether we should continue to write in English or not but to continue I think was he right choice.
I will not stop writing but I will lie if I tell you that it did not cross my mind.I have written 3 posts the past ten days that I did not publish but I will do this week.I will also have time to read your posts.You were active!
Έλεγε ο Κιμούλης προχθές στην τηλεόραση (για τους ηθοποιούς, αλλά νομίζω πως ισχύει κάτι ανάλογο κι εδώ): ότι κάπου θέλουμε να επηρεάσουμε έστω και έναν άνθρωπο. Κι ότι αυτός ο άνθρωπος, δεν θα πάει ποτέ στα καμαρίνια (βλέπε σχόλια). Θα πάνε όλοι οι άλλοι, αλλά όχι αυτός. Ενδιαφέρον, ε;
@syna
Πολύ εύστοχο αυτό που εγραψες σε ευχαριστώ synoula.Ευτυχώς έχω την λίστα με τα blogs that inspire που πραγματικά είναι μια έμπνευση.
Οσο για την blogoσφαιρα γενικότερα στην Ελλάδα δεν θα σχολιάσω.Δεν θέλω να γκρινιάζω απλά μετέφερα ένα συναίσθημα δυσαρέσκειας και απογοήτευσης που με κατέβαλε ειδικά λογο παρεξηγήσεων.
(επιστροφή μετά απο μέρες...)
μου είναι πάρα πολύ δύσκολο να πιστέψω ότι κάτι που έγραψες μπορεί να παρεξηγήθηκε και να σου δημιούργησε καταστάσεις που πληγώθηκες! Πάντα γράφεις πολύ γλυκά πράγματα, με πολύ τρυφερή διάθεση (όπως είχα σχολιάσει παλαιότερα για το blog σου) κι αν κάποιος παρεξηγήθηκε τί θα έλεγε αν διάβαζε το δικό μου blog που τα κείμενα μου είναι τέζα-φουλ στις προσβολές και τις επιθέσεις;;;
εγώ γράφω καθαρά για τον εαυτό μου, χαίρομαι πολύ να έχω ένα σταθερό κοινό φίλων (κι όχι μόνο), αλλά οι σκέψεις μου πολλές φορές απλά θέλουν να βγουν έξω, πέρα από τα στεγανά της παρέας και του κύκλου μου.
@storm
Δεν με πλήγωσε κανείς απλά ήταν ένα άθροισμα ποσοτικό απογοητεύσεων αλλά και εγώ για μένα γράφω και όπως είπες προσπαθείς να επικοινωνήσεις κάτι που είναι πέρα απο τα στεγανά της παρέας σου.Αν καμια φορά νιώσεις οτι δεν τα καταφέρνεις απογοητεύεσαι λίγο αλλά όλα καλά.Σε ευχαριστώ πάρα πολύ
¨0
Well, it would be quite unfortunate if you to stop writing just as I discover your blog. (And thanks for the comment btw. Now, about the topic: Looks like you rationally reached to a conclusion (which I concur) and left little to say. On the other hand, please go on writing your articles in English because otherwise just like you couldn't read my blog, I wont be able to read yours. (Now I am thinking about writing mine in English, too.) About the readers; I don't think it is important who is reading. It is self-expression that matters. Write your day if you like, or publish one of your poems or stories. We'll (at least me) still be reading and commenting on them
@gorgi
thank you so much for your comments.Of course I will be writing in English.All articles apart from one are in English.I hope you write them too so I can comment more than your photos.I was not considering closing the blog I was just a bit disappointed by a self-centered blogosphere.
We right for ourselves Pixie, but I agree with synas too when she says that we would all love to influence someone, or to at least have a small audience. It is in human nature I guess.
Just as you advised me, don't stop writing. You do it for yourself. Stop only when it does not satisfy YOU.
Kostas
www.sarampalis.org
@apotheosis
thank you Kosta I will not stop.I hope that you will start writing again soon as we missed your posts.
Post a Comment