A wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings and learn how by his own thoughts to derive benefits from his illness.Hippocrates
I came back home and I found my brother crying. I honestly could not remember when it was the last time that I saw him cry. I try not to panic and I immediately hold him and let him cry. When he stopped and was able to talk he told me. He had just come back from the hospital where he found out that one of his friends that is only 25 year old was diagnosed with a type of cancer. She told him two days ago that she will have some tests because she had a severe cough. Then the pathologist after seeing the results he told her to go immediately to the hospital. There they started taking specimens and yesterday the doctor told her that she will lose her hair because of chemotherapy.
I am really upset because she is a person that not only is young but also because she really had a hard time in her life. Her parents divorced and she had hard time with her mum. Then she suffered from difficulties in her personal life and lately things started to change. She almost finished her studies, formed new relationships and she was happier than ever when she found out that she has yet another struggle.
She is a girl that does not deserve that, of course no one deserves it, but it pains me to think that she always faced difficulties. And it’s like that with some people that all the difficult situations happen to them and it’s so unfair. I can’t imagine the psychological and physical pain that she will undergo and I can only hope that it’s not a violent tumor. From what I realized she discovered it early so there is a good prognosis concerning treatment. I am sure that she will recover and my brother has now realized that so everyone is very optimistic.
However, I feel bad that she is in this situation and I feel guilty for even complaining about the smallest thing. I feel bad that something like that happens to be reminded that our health is the worst thing that we can lose. Illness does not discriminate but somehow we always feel that it can never happen to us. Unless it strikes close to home....
(art by patariku)



9 comments:
Λέγεται πως μόνοι μας προκαλούμε τις ασθένειες του σώματός μας. Δεν ξέρω αν ισχύει αυτό, ή τουλάχιστον καθολικά. Πάντως για ό,τι κι αν συμβαίνει, πιστεύω ότι υπάρχει κάτι που το προκαλεί, αν και δεν μπορώ να το εξηγήσω με λόγια. Ελπίζω να μην ακούγεται σαν μεταφυσική μπούρδα, αλλά πραγματικά αισθάνομαι πως κάτι υπάρχει πίσω από κάθε θλιβερό συμβάν.
Όπως και νά χει, εύχομαι καλή ανάρρωση. Και πιστεύω ότι όλα θα πάνε καλά. Τα περισσότερα είδη καρκίνων θεραπεύονται στις μέρες μας, αν διαγνωστούν εγκαίρως. Καλή επιτυχία εύχομαι, μέσα από την καρδιά μου.
λυπάμαι πολύ γι αυτό... εύχομαι όλα να πάνε καλά για την κοπέλα
Things are looking up as my brother told me its something that it can be treated.Therefore everyone is optimistic!3 parties I have noticed that too.We can provoke illnesses and this depends a lot on the way we feel.Its really an interesting and complected subject.
Storm everything will be fine.I am amazed at the fact that we all feel so untouchable and invulnerable.I feel the same way too.
Many years ago, I had cancer, too. Leukaemia; blood cancer. I, too, had undergo chemotherapy in the first one (later it relapsed). It took 3 years of my childhood. I know it cant be same in your 23; but still I can remember the times and hardships clearly. Its bad, but it teaches the one how to live and be optimistic. Thinking positively is really essential in the treating process. The patient does not need people crying for her, she needs people laughing with her.
Gorgi,
I am so happy that it relapsed and that you came stronger out of this.I agree with you.She needs friends and people to be with her and enjoy life like before.Thats what I told him.Thank you for sharing something so personal!
:)
Ξέρω... Κανενός δεν του αξίζει κάτι τέτοιο. Οι πολυπαθείς και ευαίσθητοι άνθρωποι είναι συνήθως πρώτοι επιλαχόντες...Περί δικαιοσύνης στη φύση, ουδείς λόγος. Μακάρι η σύγχρονη ιατρική να φανεί αντάξια των περιστάσεων. Ξέρω...
@dawkinson
Nαι και για τους πολυπαθείς ισχύει και το self-fulfilling prophesy
Η υγεία είναι το πιο σημαντικό απ' όλα.. Τα υπόλοιπα ωχριούν μπροστά στο να είμαστε εμείς καλά..και αυτοί που αγαπάμε.. Καλή ανάρρωση της εύχομαι!
@sunshine
Thank you!She is a lot better!
Post a Comment