Thursday, March 08, 2007

For Allan...

The music of Mogwai is sensitive,emotional,deep and mostly acoustic.They provoke me an interplay of emotions like happiness,calmness ,sadness,solitude,nostalgia and it all depends on the state of mind that I am at the time and on the memories that might be connected with their songs.Mostly they provoke me positive emotions but a particular song and this is Cody reminds me of Allan.He lives in Glasgow and he was the reason that I first listened and loved this band.Our ways parted but every time I listen to this beautiful song I feel lucky that he was a part of my life and can only hope that he is happy and well.

You can switch off the lights and listen to this song,this is a post that breaks the boundaries of speech and wants to enter your ears and senses.




Old songs, stay till the end.
Sad songs, remind me of friends.
And the way it is, I could leave it all
And I ask myself, would you care at all...

(See the link to listen more of Mogwai)

(art by ploop)

6 comments:

Gorgi said...

A very sweet melody. Full of emotions one can find there, if he/she knows how to listen. First time I heard that group, which makes you the one who introduced them to me. Glad I am.

Pixie said...

@gorgi
thank you for listening and responding!

s_k said...

pixie, ανανατευεις ομορφα ηχους, εικονες στατικες και κινουμενες,φαντασια και αληθεια.

διαβαζω σιγα σιγα προσεκτικα τα ποστ σου και σε ανακαλυπτω...

εχω την αισθηση πως κινουμαστε στο ιδιο μηκος κυματος

δεν ειναι συνηθες αυτο!

Pixie said...

@fuzzy burlesque
σε ευχαριστώ.Μου έδωσε μεγάλη χαρά το σχολιό σου και εγώ ανακαλύπτω το δικό σου σιγά-σιγά θα το έχεις προσέξει...
Ναι,δεν είναι σύνηθες...

Mia Wallace said...

It is so beautiful Pixie, thank you! You know I like Mogwai very much! It is sometimes painful when we relate a song or a band to memories but this gives the song a meaning beyond its creator...

Pixie said...

@mia
This particular song was once painful to me.But Mogwai generally convey this bittersweet feeling with their music