Sunday, March 18, 2007

Films that matter...


As my life moments are often accompanied by a soundtrack likewise they are accompanied by films that stimulate our emotions,thoughts,imagination and open a window to the expression of different viewpoints.Gb winzip and Fuzzy burlesque asked me to introduce 7 films that I love something that is very difficult for me to do because there are so many films that I cherish .However, I am happy that they give me the opportunity to introduce some films to you that are meaningful and maybe you have not watched them.Films are forms of art and can change someones life if they pay close attention.

1.Requiem for a Dream

This film was directed By Darren Aronofsky in 2002. Based on a novel by Hubert Selby Jr. we watch the story of different people that are involved in different types of addictions.

2.The lost Highway

Film noir by David Lynch in 1997."
A graphic investigation into parallel identity crises.
A world where time is dangerously out of control.”

3.Virgin Suicides

Explores the emotional underpinnings of a family starting to come apart at the seams in 1970 that Sofia Coppola directed in 2002.

4.The eternal sunshine of a spotless mind

Directed by Michel Gondry in 2004. A man who is informed that his ex-girlfriend has had her memories of their relationship erased from her brain. He struggles in his own mind to save the memories of Clementine from being deleted.

5.Dead man

The story of a young man's journey, both physically and spiritually, into very unfamiliar terrain.Directed by Jim Jarmusch in 1995

6.Donnie Darko

Time travel and existential questions on the
manipulation of ones fate.Directed by Kelly,R in 2001

7.What to do in case of fire

A brilliant German film that about former Berlin anarchists who have to get together for one last time when a bomb they built in 1987 suddenly goes off and they meet after many years.Directed by Schnitzler at 2002

These are some films that I love and are worth seen.I have not mention my favourite directors like Tarantino,Rodriguez and Tim Burton because in the future I am most likely to dedicate a whole post for them.
(if they want stormrider,gorgi,apotheosis,dawkinson can share some of the films that they love)
(art by ploop)

12 comments:

Αγγελική Στ. said...

Τώρα τι να πω; Εκτός από την τελευταία που δεν την έχω δει.. όλες οι υπόλοιπες είναι μία προς μία! Το Lost Highway ε; Βρε μπας και το έχω παρεξηγήσει;;

Stormrider said...

I am working on it...

s_k said...

hi five pixie!

το donnie darko αποδεικνυεται πολυ cult ταινια τελικα.

Anonymous said...

'What to do in case of fire' was a brilliant film, I am surprised you've seen it! Not only very well made, but also very effectively emotional, without being melodramatic. And Ashcroft's song at the end was perfectly suited as the closing theme.

Anonymous said...

Αυτόχειρες παρθένοι,ναι!
Καλημέρα,pixie!

Dawkinson said...

thanks for the invitation. I shall respond with pictures soon! Excellent choice of films! I lived all of them. 'The lost highways' in the scene at the desert with the haunting 'song of the siren' is a very-very favorite!

Mia Wallace said...

Donnie Darko, Donnie Darko, Donnie Darkoooo!!! (η πλάκα είναι ότι δεν μπόρεσα να το χωρέσω στη λίστα μου οπότε το βροντοφωνάζω τώρα!!) :))

Gorgi said...

I cant say that my film culture is as wide as yours. But I'm working on it. Though, there are some which I can remember clearly. I'll mention about them.

Pixie said...

@sunshine
δώσε μια ευκαιρία στο lost highway θα σου αρέσει!

@fuzzy
Πραγματικά!Σε ευχαριστώ για την πρόσκληση και χαίρομαι που σου αρέσει!

@apotheosis
Not only I like the film but you described my favourite scene!

@gitsaki
nice to hear from you again sweety!

@dawkinson
I was sure you were going to love them!I am waiting for your suggestions!

@Mia
Το λατρεύω!Τόσες σημαντικές ταινίες που είναι δύσκολο να διαλέξεις 7!

@gorgi
If you have spare time watch any of them.Maybe they will mark you, too.Thank you!

Anonymous said...

hi pixie,πόσο δύσκολο είναι να απολαμβάνεις την αισθητική; Κάπου στο βάθος του χρόνου υπάρχουν και οι καρποί αυτών των κόπων,
keep walking, for all of us.

3 parties a day said...

Δεν έχω δει όλες τις ταινίες που αναφέρεις, αλλά θέλω να πω ότι το Virgin suicides και το Requiem for a dream, είναι από τα πιο αγαπημένα μου βιβλία. Αυτός ήταν και ο λόγος που είδα και τις ταινίες που βασίζονται σ' αυτά, και δεν το μετάνιωσα!

Pixie said...

@gp
σε ευχαριστώ για την ωραία σου πρόσκληση

@3 parties
Eχω διαβάσει το requiem και μου αρέσει πολύ.Είμαι σίγουρη οτι θα σου αρεσουν και οι άλλες ταινιες.Αν δείς κάποια πές μου.Σε ευχαριστώ για το σχόλιο σου!