Greece and in particularly Athens faces a variety of socio-economical problems. There is a growing number of unemployment amongst people that are educated in their most productive age. Many from those that work are forced to have more than one occupation in order to survive. The income of people is very low compared to the work they produce and the market where we observe the prices augmenting. The educational system is static and outdated and offers knowledge that is many times sterilized and unimportant. There is a lack of an ecological consciousness amongst its habitants and the threat of growing pollution is eminent. There is a lack of a comfortable and efficient national transportation and there is a chaos on the roads as the numbers of cars increase daily.The above for me are real issues that interfere with our quality of life. Instead of addressing those issues and take our lives into control we wait for a government to be kind enough to address these issues instead of taking a few simple steps ourselves. We recently remembered the glory of 1821 and acted like barbarians in the match against Turkey. We recently became offended with the history book that claims that the secret school did not existed even though this is true. Even if it never existed I heard arguments that were saying that in the history book it should write that it existed because this is our tradition. We recently claimed that the movie 300 was propaganda of America that was written against Iran, a comic that was actually written many years before.
These are the problems of a nation that is brainwashed and the only thing that they try to preserve is their national pride. Our future and quality of life is what is important and as long as we don’t get that we get the country and life that we deserve.
(Art by krecha)



13 comments:
rania pou vriskeis aftes tis orees photos?
me to keimeno simfono apolita
pix, τι ειναι αυτα που γραφεις;
με ενοχλουν, με προβληματιζουν, με κανουν να σκεφτομαι, να στεναχωριεμαι...
ασε με σε παρακαλω παρεα με τους πολιτικους,τους αστερες της τιβι,να κανω ονειρα, να αγορασω...
αφησε με στην ησυχια μου.
σιγα μη ζησω στ'αληθεια.
εχω καμια ελπιδα δηλαδη γι'αυτο;
μου εχουν πει πως οχι.
και το πιστευω αυτο.
το λενε ολοι.
I totally agree with you. Even though our people see each other as rivals (or enemies) due to the history (which is, in my opinion, is a matter of politics and way more complicated than it seems, thus should not affect publics own judgement. There is politics and there is normal life), we are much alike. This is very normal since we are living on the same geography. Almost the same conditions, similiar approaches, etc. After that match, I clearly saw the childish, untamed, unconcious reaction of my people (Their anger towards Greek because of the recent YouTube situation was just a stimulant) and this is not a rare occasion. All I can say is that we need education supported with self-awareness. There is much to say about this topic, but I cant think straight right now.
Κι αν δεν θέλουμε να μας αξίζει αυτή η χώρα; Όπως λέει και ένας φίλος, "εγώ νοιώθω πως δεν μου αξίζει αυτή η χώρα".. Ίσως πάλι και να του αξίζει και να μην θέλει να το παραδεχτεί.. Ελπίζω μόνο κάποτε να ξεφύγουμε από αυτή τη "λούμπα".
@anisixoς
through long searches on the internet, I love art and I have a large collection of photos that I use.Thank you
@fuzzy
το ξέρω οτι αυτά που γράφω ειναι στενάχωρα αλλά τα ζούμε καθημερινά και έγραψα αυτο το άρθρο γιατι πιστεύω οτι έχουμε αποπροσανατολιστει και είμαστε μακριά απο το να κατακτήσουμε μια ποιότηατ ζωής.Πιστεύω οτι υπάρχει ελπιδα και οι εικόνες σου ειναι γροθιά στο στομάχι.
@gorgi
I totally agree and if you are inspired to write more please do.You replying to my post is very important to me.
@sunshine
Σιγουρα απο εμάς εξαρτάται και εγώ ελπίζω να ξεφύγουμε.Σε ευχαριστώ
Pixie I have the exact same feelings and thoughts as yours. Something is wrong in this country but I don't know what and I don't know how we can find it and face it.
I'm nearly desperate.
Uhmm, to be honest, I do not think there is anything wrong with 'the country'. But there is plenty wrong with the inhabitants, i.e. the people of the country.
The politicians are incompetent and corrupt to the bone.
The voters are polarised, blind and utterly unable to understand that sucking up to an ideal (aren't political parties in their core embracing ideals?) is not only pointless, but destructive if not followed closely by critical thought.
People simply do not care about anything else but themselves and their immediate family.
Of course the above are common to plenty of countries, but in Greece we have a very sore extra point. Our past, our inheritance. That we are so proud of, but fail to understand that what we have become could not be further away from what we admire in our ancestors.
I believe there is only one thing that is keeping Greece together and sane at the moment, and that is the notion of the strong/close family. If (actually, when, because I doubt it will last the current erosion) this is lost too, then Greece will colapse.
K.
(www.sarampalis.org)
οι περισσότεροι άνθρωποι που δεν έχουν να δείξουν τίποτα, είναι εθνικιστές. ο ίδιος ο εθνικισμός είναι η μέθοδος του να καυχιέσαι για πράγματα που δεν έκανες ο ίδιος.
κατ' επέκταση, σε μία χώρα όπως η δικιά μας, το πλέον βολικό είναι να ζούμε με μύθους και να τους συντηρούμε. τα επεισόδια στο ματς με τη Τουρκία δεν ήταν τίποτε άλλο από μία (στιγμιαία) ανώμαλη προσγείωση στην πραγματικότητα.
Pixie what you write is very true; Greece is still suffering from nationalism and from this urge to preserve our national identity despite any costs. This is an issue that exists in the European community at the moment where countries wish to preserve their national identities but at the same time be part of this union of diversity.
However, I regret to say that it seems to me that Greek society is so introverted that fails to see the world through the eyes of the 'other.' This superiority complex that we have as a nation is stupid and egotistic and at some point we should consider moving forward from the past and look towards the future but not in isolation...
I just realised that I wrote more or less the same things with stormrider and I just wanted to point out that I agree. As for Turkey, we should finally realise that we have more things in common with the Turks than with any other country and put an end to this bigotry.
@ggk
I do hope things will get better.Thank you!
@apotheosis
When I say that there is something wrong with the country of course I talk about the inhabitants.The nature or what is left is beautiful!I am not sure that the family is keeping this country because I think that familes in Greece are overprotective and they do too much for their children at the point that they don't even want to leave home because then who would do the laundry.With everything else I agree, thank you Kosta for writing.
@storm
We surely know how to preserve myths.The spot is correctly saying that you can leave your myth in Greece.
@Mia
I agree completely with what you say and I believe that our nationalism is really making as blind and stop us from evolving.
Columnist Pascho Mandravelis has written a very good article about the "controversial" history book and how history classes are delivered in Greek schools. Not to mention religion classes, and especially the teachings of the New Testament. It's the most propagandistic cobblers I've ever listened to in school, but it was probably the teacher who made it sound as bad as it did.
@phantasmak
thank you for the interesting link.For sure the teacher can make a difference and we have a lack for good teachers.
Post a Comment