In the countryside a tree and a grass were having a conversationThe grass asked the tree:
"Who do you think is the strongest?"
The tree replied immediately:
"Its me of course.I am the strongest.Look at you you are so short and look so vulnerable.I am tall, I have thick branches,I have leaves and I scare my enemies.I can also live for a thousand years and no one dares to disrespect me."
The grass replied:
"You definitely look strong but appearances can often be misleading.I think that a small grass like me can be stronger that a huge tree."
The tree was furious:
"What are you talking about you must be insane."
The grass explained:
"You look strong and I look fragile but I'm stronger than you tree.When the wind blows you shiver,your leaves fall,your branches may fall and you get hurt because of the wounds that the wind inflicts on you.I may look small and vulnerable but the wind can not hurt me,it can only shake me a bit but I still stand strong.The wind can blow a tall tree like you but it can never blow a small grass.The enemies can locate you when you are like that and hurt you but mine can barely see me because I am so short."
"I told you tree, appearances can be misleading and the strongest can be the one that you expect the least!"
(art by ploop)



13 comments:
nice story... and nice blog (aren't you Greek?)
Thank you and welcome.Yes I am Greek.
Η μικρή Αίσωπος. :)
Καλώς σε βρήκα :)
συνηθως αυτοι που φαινονται καπως "σκληροι",κρυβουν αρκετες ευαισθησιες,οι οποιες πολλες φορες οδηγουν σε ακραιες συμπεριφορες...
:-)) Tough cookie το γρασίδι..
"I may look small and vulnerable but the wind can not hurt me,it can only shake me a bit but I still stand strong.The wind can blow a tall tree like you but it can never blow a small grass." This is why the grass is strongest. He is flexible and can adapt to every harsh situation. He is like water. So nothing can hurt him (except a huge, heavy boot =P), and as he survive, he gains experience and be come even wiser than the long-living tree. It's how we greet the life, not how we fight with it. By the way, is this your story?
@dawkinson
Xαίρομαι που σου άρεσε πραγματικά!
@fuzzy
πραγματικά η δύναμη που έχουμε μέσα μας φαίνεται σε δύσκολες στιγμές και εκπλήσει.Αυτός που θεωρείται δυνατός πολλές φορές δεν είναι και δεν μπορει να ανταπεξέλθει σε δυσκολίες της ζωής.Η δύναμη σίγουρα έρχετε απο μέσα.
@sunshine
Really tough and you would never expect it!
@gorgi
Yes,this is my story.I am happy that you like it!
I think that you interpreted it really well.I should add your interpretation in my story:)Its like water and nothing can hurt it.Its a story that wants to say that people that appear to be weak they may be far from being weak and many times the strongest collapse easily.Thus, we should not haste to make assumptions on who has the best coping mechanisms to handle difficult life situations.Also it says that even though we may think that we are ourselves vulnerable we have inside resources that can help us surpass any difficulty.
It's a bit ironic; you must bend to life in order to get stronger against it. But, now that I consider it again; what kind of strenght we are talking about here?
Off topic:Αρχικά μπορεί να σου φανώ spammer, όμως κανε τον κόπο και ρίξε μια ματιά στο blog ,μου... κι αυτό γιατι
έχω τόσα πολλά που θέλω να σε πω...κ δεν ξερω απο που να αρχίσω... χαίρομαι που σε βρήκα επειτα απο το comment στο crazycow!!!
such a nice story and such a beautiful picture illustrating it.
Have a nice day!
πολύ γλυκιά ιστοριούλα pixie μου... Καλό Πάσχα!!! ;)
@Gorgi
certainly inner strength
@narita
και τα δυο blog σου είναι όμορφα και βλέπω έχουμε πολλά κοινά.Θα σε επισκέπτομαι.Τρέχω αυτές τις μέρες αλλά σύντομα θα αφήσω σχόλιο!Καλώς ηρθες
@ggk
thank you so much for your sweet comment!
@stormrider
Kαλό Πάσχα γλυκιέ μου...
Post a Comment