Friday, February 23, 2007

Crossroads...

We meet people and share moments from our lives.This meeting often resembles people walking in a crossroad.Many people that walk in different directions and each one has a different path.Some of them take the same road as we do and follow us throughout the years.Others follow us for a while and then turn in the opposite direction.Others never even notice us and continue walking in their own path.All of them that have walked even for a while with us are affecting us one way or another.They enrich our experience as they bring their own experiences and meanings.For even the ones that have left us I wonder sometimes whether there was a reason that we met them in the first place.I wonder if we were suppose to meet them and if not why it was them and not someone else.

I want to walk in a crossroad that is full of people and stand in the middle and observe all the different people and all the different options of what road one should take.

(art by atmosphere)

12 comments:

melomenos said...

ο άνθρωπος είναι πολύ περίεργο όν,
σπάνια μπορεί να μελετηθεί πλήρες!
όσο και να τον ακολουθήσεις δεν νομίζω να βγάλεις άκρη γιατί κάθε κίνησή του κάθε φορά έστω και με μικρές αποκλίσεις θα είναι πάντα διαφορετική!
καλημέρα σου

Stormrider said...

hmmm, I think its better to cross our own road rather than stand in the middle of a crossroad and observe others...

Pixie said...

@storm
I agree with you.What I meant was metaphorical.To observe the people that we meet in our lives and inevitably affect us.And to reach this crossroad and understand what makes someone stay and someone turn the corner.
My point was that our lives resemble a crossroad,a junction where we meet important or non important people.

Αγγελική Στ. said...

Μερικές φορές είναι ωραίο όμως να καθόμαστε και απλά να παρακολουθούμε. Εγώ πάντως πιστεύω ότι υπάρχει λόγος που γνωρίζουμε όλους τους ανθρώπους της ζωής μας. Ακόμα και αυτούς που μας κάνουν κακό. Θα με ενδιέφερε πάντως να βγω για λίγο από το σώμα μου και να αρχίσω να παρατηρώ τους ανθρώπους που συνωστίζονται στο δικό μου σταυροδρόμι!

BugoTheCat said...

I once thought that someone should try to understand other people, maybe cast a short eye at other people's way of life as he passes through the crossroads or just be aware that each person follows his own path.

And I thought that people don't understand me, they don't even bother to think that there are several paths out there. But in my great surprise I came to the conclusion that it's me who also don't understand them. I am still trying to understand me. Too busy with my own path to bother.

In that aspect I am more into what melomenos and stormrider said. I am wondering how many years have passed till I reached this point. Most probably I won't find the time to understand the path of specific people. At least I am eagier to accept it and move along. And maybe some day fully understand my own path too. That's the most important thing for me at the moment..

I hope you can fully understand other people's paths oneday and how entirely different some people think. I think it matches your profession. I did wonder, do psychologists after so many years of experience manage to understand how someone else feels about things? (that has to be lived to be understood). As I don't feel very optimistic about things today (I have a bad day :P), I think that this is impossible and you have to leave your path and follow someone else's to get it fully. And that we will never have plenty of time in our life to learn about all these different people/worlds. I only recently understood that I maybe don't understand people who claim to not understand me and that filled me with pessimism..

Αλεξία Ηλιάδου (synas) said...

Δεν έχει σημασία... Η συνάντησή μας με τους ανθρώπους είναι σημειακή. Δεν είναι συνολική. Θα μπορούσαν να ήταν και άλλοι. Κυρίως είναι θέμα timing.

Dawkinson said...

Our life is a sequence of events and meetings with people, much affected by chance('The butterfly effect'). If you were to change one such event, or meeting -no matter how unsignificant- everything that follows would change completely.Fascinating!

Pixie said...

@sunshine
έχουμε την ίδια σκέψη,νομίζω και εγώ οτι υπάρχει λόγος.

@optimus
what psychologists try to do is to empathize with a client.Of course you can not feel exactly how the other person feels and you shouldn't because then you lose your objectivity.We try to walk into their shoes but never become one.Thank you for your interesting comment

@syna
είναι και timing αλλά υπάρχει και λογος που κάποιος έρχετε κοντά με κάποιον και όχι με κάπιον άλλο που ξεπερνά το τυχαίο.

@dawkinson
you complete my thoughts...

Anastasia Konstantakatou said...

this is a very interesting discussion.. it is interesting how so many people share common experiences everyday as well as during special occasions and yet each maintains his/her own unique 'seeing' of things.. at times I think how different, if at all, things would look like if i was standing more on the right or on the left, if i was seating in the train instead of standing, if i had looked a second time back... we are getting very metaphysical here, haha

Pixie said...

@anastasia
Its amazing observing how many views a text can provoke.We are complex human beings and I love that about our nature!

Gorgi said...

What really matters here is the harmony in the totally out-closed living beings' living. Of course to the observer's fascination, it is such a great sight for the looking eye. It's not a must for us to understand every aspect of every persons thoughts and behaviours (that job belongs to the psychê experts), we just should know the diversity and appreciate it then be tolerant.

Αλεξία Ηλιάδου (synas) said...

Απλώς εννοούσα, ότι σε κάθε φάση της ζωής μας, ψάχνουμε για κάποιες "ιδιότητες" στους άλλους και διαλέγουμε τους ανθρώπους, που βρίσκονται στο δρόμο μας και έχουν αυτές τις ιδιότητες. Υποσυνείδητα κυρίως.