Seeing my friend not being able to cope after her break up I remembered this initial feeling of emptiness and abandonment that one feels when they separate from someone they love. We have spent the whole week driving in my car at night, going from one place to the other while she is crying and I comfort her. She has cried for a thousand rivers, she is desperate and the entire human psyche is exposed. All the vast variety of human emotions is there: Anger, sadness, fear, doubt and despair all in one.I always believed that nothing and no one in this life should be taken for granted. What happens when you devote your whole existence into someone’s hand is that if they leave you your world collapses. Besides that the relationship becomes unhealthy and dependent. This is what happened to my friend. She stopped going out with her friends and everything she did revolved around him, never for herself. When she met him she stopped evolving and nobody should ignore their wants and needs.
Now the desperation is followed by desperate acts. She is calling him every day, she is following him and she is disturbing his friends. I am too proud to do something like that and I tell her that this is not helping her situation .For me, if someone says then its over no matter how I feel inside.
No matter what anyone says to her I know that only time can heal. You don’t realize it at the time as you believe that it’s impossible but after sometime the healing begins. Then you realize that you are stronger that you thought.
Have a little faith my friend and I am here for you. Time heals.
Trust me. ..
(art by marti)



9 comments:
for me time doesn't heal a thing. its just a sophisticated excuse for a current situation.
the only doctor is reality. facing the faxts and the bitterness of life in any form, makes you harder, and makes you see clear for anything to come.
as for your friend, as hard as it sounds and is, tell her to get rid off the pink "i love you" glasses, she had on all the time, cause they do only harm.
unclejack
Well... I am afraid I disagree with you. You are oversimplifying things.
ok lets see it that way: it depends on what anyone is been through. my case....is really not the best it could happen to someone.
I think you can devote yourself to a relationship without also being dependent on it. Also, dependence is more often than not unhealthy for both parties. Unless there is actual freedom, unless people are both in the relationship because they actually want to be so, the chances of the relationship succeeding are far less.
Unclejack your response is enigmatic.It really depends on each individuals experience you are right.
Kosta I could not describe it better myself.Thank you for your comment!
Thanks God, we've realized after so many dissapointments that time heals...
It is always devastating when you realize that nothing and noone is for granted..I have made that mistake in the past and I still carry wounds that are healed as time goes by...Probably we put a lot of trust and faith in people we shouldnt...
As for the dependent relationship I agree. We should always give time for activities outside the relationship because we still have a life beyond that.
I hope your friend realises that she will have a chance to find something new and much better in the future (something which at the moment may seem implausible)but it is true...
I hope you are doing well yourself :) Filakia!
Μα αυτό ακριβώς. Συμφωνείτε unclejack και pixie, και συμφωνούμε... "the only doctor is reality" και ο χρόνος είναι η μεγαλύτερη reality existing, δεν είναι έτσι; Αν κάτι ισχύει πραγματικά και είναι μέρος της πραγματικότητας που ζούμε, αναμφισβήτητος, αδιαπραγμάτευτος και μοναδικά απόλυτος, είναι ο χρόνος. Και αυτός τελικά πραγματικά γιατρεύει.
Unless I misunderstand something...
Σας ευχαριστο πολύ για το σχόλιο σας syna,mia και καλωςήρθες xenia!Αυτές τις μέρες έχω λίγο χρόνο για το blog αλλά θα επανέλθω σύντομα.Φιλάκια!
Post a Comment