Wednesday, September 05, 2007

He predicts a riot

There are some people that really mean what they believe. Even though at times they seem extreme it’s really amazing that they really stand up to what they believe. More importantly not only they stand up to what they believe but they also practice their beliefs in their daily lives. Nowadays these individuals are a species that is facing existence .

One of my friends is a punk parent. He never pressured his child to believe in a god, never pressured his child to be something other than herself.I think that his child is the happiest girl I have ever seen! He loves nature and the proof is that he never owned a car. He went around the city with his punk bicycle. He recycles every day and respects nature. He is against animal testing and he is a vegan. He doesn’t listen to CDs only supports DIY record labels that are non-profit. He never liked to read magazines but only handmade fanzines. He is a punk from 1977 the year that punk started and is still today. He never wanted to buy a TV as he believes that TV kills creativity.He is a giving caring person that helps without a second thought his friends when they are in need.

His lifestyle might seem extreme for many but he really stands for what he believes. I never told him but I am lucky that I have met him. I am lucky that we are friends for more than a decade.Even though I also find some things extreme he taught me that your beliefs are the most important thing that anyone has. No matter what your beliefs are its important to stand up for yourself. Even more; when you are alone and no one is watching it is important to practice the ethical rules that you believe .So many people support something that is contradictory to the way they live and many times they lie to themselves; but not him. I never told you, even though once I told you my objections, I am so incredibly proud of you my friend.I don't admire him because he is a punk, there are still many out there and many are horrible, I admire him because he doesn't lie to himself and others. He is not afraid to be nothing more than who he is.

(photo by girltripped)

13 comments:

Stormrider said...

I never thought that those people exist in here. Is he greek?

Pixie said...

@stormrider
No, of course he is not!
How could he be?

Αλεξία Ηλιάδου (synas) said...

Σίγουρα δεν είναι και ψιλοκολλημένος; Γιατί οι άνθρωποι αλλάζουν με τα χρόνια...

Pixie said...

@syna
Ναι, ναι είπαμε οτι έχουμε ενστάσεις.Δεν κρίνουμε το άτομο και τα πιστεύω του αλλά αναφέρω οτι θαυμάζω οτι δεν φοβάται να ζεί σύμφωνα με τα πιστεύω του και να είναι ο εαυτός του.Και τα καταφέρνει!

Dawkinson said...

καλύτερα κολλημένος σε δικές του επιλογές, παρά εκτελεστικό όργανο των επιλογών των άλλων.

khayman said...

Of course I admire any person living his/her life in honesty, not having to hide or feel ashamed of what he/she is.

But, you have to remember. As much as honesty is appreciated, it's the values that really, really matter. An honest, out of the closet fascist, or a scared liberal?

If I had to guess, what really makes someone remarkable and admirable is combining both honesty and values.

Maquila Donna said...

Hola Pixie,

Hace tiempo que no leía tu blog, bueno, ningún blog. Ahora que he vuelto, leo tus posts que siempre me hacen reflexionar.

Abrazos.

Gorgi said...

He seems like a guy who doesn't have much reason to regret or feel guilty for anything. It is good to know where you are in this life and not be afraid of showing/living that role. Still, I suppose being that strict has its downsides. I wonder what they are.

Αγγελική Στ. said...

Είναι σημαντικό να έχεις φίλους που σου δείχνουν άλλους κόσμους.. ακόμα και αν κάποιες φορές δεν συμφωνούμε μαζί τους...

melomenos said...

ο φίλος σου πιστεύει στις ιδέες του και είναι πολύ σημαντικό να πιστεύουμε κάπου χωρίς να αλλάζουμε!
είναι πολύ σπάνιο μια και η ζωή μας όταν αλλάζει λόγο των υποχρεώσεων μας( βλέπε παιδιά, εργασία κλπ) πολλές φορές αναγκαστικά προσαρμόζουμε τα πιστεύω μας στις καινούργιες συνθήκες!
ίσως ο φίλος σου να κατάφερε αυτές τις συνθήκες να τις προσπελάσει,
έζησα την πανκ και είναι ιδέα!
λάθος πολλοί συντηρητικοί την είχαν συνδοιάσει με την "καταστροφή"(πιστεύω να καταλαβαίνεις πως το εννοώ;)!
μπράβο του αν κατάφερε να συνδοιάσει πανκ και 21ο αιώνα!
τέτοιοι άνθρωποι θα πρέπει να είναι τα παραδείγματα αλλά μένουν στην αφάνεια βλέπεις επικρατεί η επιδειξιομανεία!
σε κούρασα αλλά μου δόθηκε ευκαιρία να εκφρασω την άποψη μου,είμαι της ίδιας κατηγορίας και ζω με τις απόψεις μου και τις ιδέες μου χωρίς να ενοχλώ τους γύρω μου και να προσπαθώ να επηρεάσω τα παιδιά μου!
καλησπέρα σου

Pixie said...

@dawkinson
μου αρεσει πολύ αυτο που λές!

@khayman
amongst all you know what it means to be a punk

@epidia garcia
muchas gracias epidia.Y tu tienes un blog que trata temas sociales y las comunicas de una forma tan apasionadamente y siempre reflexiono sobre tus articulos!

@gorgi
Right on the spot!No regrets is his motto!

@sunshine
Νομίζω και εγώ οτι έτσι μαθαίνει καποιος να μην κρίνει επιφανειακά.

@melomenos
πραγματικά και εγώ απορώ πως τα κατάφερε!Ναι πραγματικά πέρα απο την μουσική το πάνκ για εκείνον έχει σχέση με πολλά πράγματα που εγώ τα θεωρώ σημαντικά.Όπως το να μην βλέπεις τα παιδιά σου σαν ιδιοκτησία, το να έχεις οικολογικές ανησυχίες, το να πιστεύεις ότι όλοι μπορούν να παίξουν μουσική και να κάνουν τέχνη.Σε ευχαριστώ που μου έδωσες την ευκαιρία με το σχόλιο σου να πω κάποια πράγματα παραπάνω.

the BluElephant said...

but he really stands for what he believes.

... a real advice for pure happiness!!! :]

Pixie said...

@the bluelephant
thank you :)