
"Own only what you can carry with you, know language know countries, know people.Let your memories be your travel bag..."
Knowledge for me is the greatest possession that one can have. Knowledge is empowering the people that possess it and is necessary for becoming better professionals in our work field. I have an inner curiosity for knowledge and I discovered this since I was very young as I loved to either read or have meaningful conversations.
I think that there are some people that will always study and I think that I fall into this category. Learning something new is not only empowering but its also fun and I have a linguistic fetishism as I love learning languages. When I have a deeper understanding of a language is like becoming a citizen of the world. I can understand at a deeper level different cultures and civilizations. Also because I love traveling knowing a language will enable me to be more than a tourist and actually be able to talk with the people I am meeting.
For the past years I have been learning Spanish and there are several reasons for that.I think that Spanish is the most beautiful language. A dream is to travel in Latin America and Barcelona. I am able to understand Spanish speaking language movies that are cool and weird. However, the past two weeks I have lost the fun out of Spanish because I have exams in a week to acquire the diploma. So, I study hard and I hope that the time to take the examination will come because I am tired.Then the fun will return. I think that after Spanish I might learn Japanese and then I will stop or maybe I will not; who knows.Knowledge is a never ending process...
(art by remote sunrise)



14 comments:
Hablas espanol carino??? Es una lengua que me gusta muchisimo tambien :)
The problem is I don't practice it and I have forgotten more than the half that I knew. I'm reading articles from El Pais every day but it's not the same as using it in every day life.
I also like foreign languages a lot and now I have enrolled to an online course of Welsh. It seems to be a difficult but interesting language. It's like learning the language that is spoken in the fairy tales.
As for Barcelona... GO! Just go! I think it's the best city I have ever been to (together with Granada).
Good luck with the exams :)
Life is learning. Like you, I adore the act of learning and foreign languages. I've been learning French since two years. Still, I must admit that I am not good at it, yet. Language is like a capricious lover; if you don't gratify it, it will eventually ditch you.
Learning languages is like discovering new life perspectives as well as new self-perspectives. Those also enable oneself to access the desired new knowledge. Eyerything is related somehow.
Travelling. I love travelling but I am not a loner. This is a bad thing cause one can't find companion everytime he/she needs. Maybe it is a matter of preference...
Θα σου πρότεινα να μάθεις ρώσικα.Είναι στην αρχή δύσκολα αλλά μετά σαν παιχνίδι.Βρίσκω πολύ ωραία την απόφασή σου με την δια βίου μάθηση.Ανοίγει ορίζοντες και μόνο καλό μπορείς να βρεις.
Καλή σου μέρα!
Πω πω τύχηηηη... δεν υπάρχει πιο όμορφη αισθηση απο την πείνα/διψα για γνώση.
Σε ζηλεύω..και μη μιλήσω για τα γιαπωνέζικα
:):):):):)
@ggk
I am amazed that you are learning Welsh.You should have been a linguist like Tolkien!I am not surprised you been to Barcelona.You must love travelling, too.
@gorgi
I love travelling and like you I am not a loner because I never travel alone but with friends etc...Its great though to travel and be able to speak the language don't you think?It changes your perspective.
@gitsaki
H κολλητή μου απο το πανεπιστήμιο είναι Γερμανίδα και μιλάει Ρώσικά.Είναι πολύ δύσκολά!Μου έχει βέβαια μάθει να λέω κάποια πράγματα. Να υποθέσω οτι μιλάς ρώσικά;
@narita
Mε τόσα anime που βλέπω έχω ήδη μάθει αρκετές λέξεις στα Ιαπωνικά.Ξέρεις οτι έχω πάθος με αυτη τη χώρα για πολλούς λόγους...
Ωραία είναι να συνεχίζεις να μαθαίνεις.... συνέχισε!!
pixie μου σου εύχομαι καλή επιτυχία στα ισπανικά σου!!! κι εγώ έχω κρυφό καημό να μάθω γερμανικά κι ιταλικά, ελπίζω μία μέρα να βρω το χρόνο να το πραγματοποιήσω!!!
Pixie μου καλή επιτυχία στις εξετάσεις σου! (έχω κοπεί δις στο παρελθόν για superior το ούφο. Τη δεύτερη φορά η εξετάστρια στα προφορικά με ρώταγε αφ'υψηλού πως γίνεται να καπνίζω και να πηγαίνω γυμναστήριο...γκρρρ! Εσύ όμως θα τα πας περίφημα!) Στη φιλοσοφική γίνονται ακόμα οι εξετάσεις;
Mucha suerte guappa!
Eυχαριστώ πολύ όλους σας για τις ευχές. Mia αύριο δίνω προφορικά και σάββατο γραπτά. Είναι δύσκολα τα γραπτά γλυκούλα δεν πειράζει να ξαναδώσεις.Ναι ρε γαμώτο στη φιλοσοφική είναι μα πόσο παρακμιακό μέρος.Δεν μπορούσαμε να δίνουμε σε κανένα ξενοδοχείο οπως με τα αγγλικά. Aντε και απο Σάββατο χαλάρωση...ουφ
Εγώ στα προφορικά/ακουστικό ήμουνα λίγο σκράπας...πώς τα πήγες; Καλά αποτελέσματα! (με αυτά που έχω μπλέξει τώρα δύσκολο να δώσω έχει μεσολαβήσει και πολύς καιρός. Αλλά με την π΄ρωτη ευκαιρία στανταρ!) Φιλάκια!
Προφορικά τα πήγα πολύ καλά.Μου είπε οτι είμαι σε υψηλό επείπεδο την ώρα που εξεταζόμουν.Αντε σε λίγο κατηφορίζω και για φιλοσοφική...Mia σε ευχαριστώ πολύ για το ενδιαφέρον!Φιλάκια πολλά!
Καλά και τα γραπτά;;;; Το superior, αν και έκανα τα μαθήματα, δεν το έδωσα γιατί είχα φύγει στην Αγγλία. Ο φόβος και ο τρόμος μου ήταν το ακουστικό με το τόσο δα κασετοφωνάκι στα τεράστια αμφιθέατρα της φιλοσοφικής. Από τη στιγμή που τα πήγες όμως καλά στα προφορικα, todo bien!
Espero que te haya ido muy bien en tus exámenes Pixie. Aprender idiomas, cualquiera que sea, nos hermana con el mundo, porque debajo de un idioma subyace la cultura de los pueblos que los hablan, y las diferencias que antes veíamos como barreras de entendimiento entre nuestra propia cultura y la ajena,se difuminan y parecen más pequeñas.
Te mando un fuerte abrazo.
@epidia
Lo que me da mucha alegria es que pueda leer articulos en Espanol tan bonitos como tuyos.
Post a Comment