
A person wakes up in the morning as he does usually every day to prepare for work.When he goes into the bathroom he realizes that he has something like a bomb detonator embedded on his chest.He tries to remove it but he can't.In the short time left before the machine reaches the end time he has not even time to call for help.He doesn't know who to call, the police, the fire brigate or the hospital.There is just no time!He has only three minutes to live.He is desperate and he tries to call for his neighbors but there is no one there.Or maybe no one opens, the depiction of the cities isolation.
During the last minutes thoughts come in mind.Thoughts mixed with panic would come in mine.For goodbyes and things that was never said.For things that was neglected, for things not yet just lived.For regrets and things that could be different if ego was not a barrier.At this moment nothing matters but truth and ego, barriers and inhibitions sound silly.The story was depicted in the new video clip by brilliant U.N.K.L.E and this was the effect that it had on me. I think that I would remember that when ego and other inhibitions come on the way or when I simply wait for the right time to present itself.When things that are meant to be said remain untold.When there is only one time and maybe the right time never appears because of lack of time.I guess the right time is the time at any given moment.Now not later...
Watch the video burn my shadow I am sure that you will make your own reflections....That was mine...



16 comments:
εχοντας επιγνωση της θνητοτητας αναγνωριζεις το μεγεθος της ματαιοδοξιας σου και συρρικνωνεις το μεγεθος των προβληματων.
Πραγματικά λίγο πρίν πεθάνεις καταλαβαίνεις οτι τα προβλήματα που νόμιζες οτι ήταν σοβαρά δεν είναι και τόσο σοβαρά τελικά.
Ουάου!! Εκπληκτικό.. σαν ταινία μικρού μήκους... διάβασα ένα εξαιρετικό βιβλίο με αυτό το θέμα, πως μπορούν να αλλάξουν οι ζωές κάποιων από μία φράση που δεν είπε, ή από κάτι που δεν έκανε..
Αλήθεια sunshine?Ποιο βιβλίο?Ακουγετε πολυ ενδιαφέρον!
nice concept!!!
glad to see you back pixie :))
Nice one. That's the guy playing, um, Dr. Kovac from that E.R. show, right?
Well, in reality, every passing moment is a lost opportunity (there's even a theory in the fields of economics I think about that sort of thing). Every stranger passing you by on the street is a potential lost soulmate, and every man/woman you've ever liked by haven't found the balls to talk to might be a companion lost.
So, in retrospect, looking at life this way, it tends to bring you down, you know? Because, really, every passing moment is a moment you can't get back, and yeah, that's depressing as hell. Even more sad is that you get more aware of that sense of loss as years go by.
But on the other hand, these things will happen, you know? You will lose friends and you will lose time. But obsessing over the past is wasting away the prospects of the future. It is how it is. Let's not freak out about it, let's not freak out about the puzzle being incomplete and on the floor and let's not freak out about the puzzle being in that state for the last four years. If we take a deep breath and reach for ourselves, we will eventually get to it. We will get the fucking puzzle done. If only we can stop freaking out, you know?
Good to have you back pixie, hope you had a good time.
@stormrider
I am so glad that you are back too darling.
@khayman
You are absolutely right.Obsessing over the past is pointless.But in the situation of this person in the video with the broken frame of his girlfriend.Imagine 3 minutes to live is that he only has and I am dead certain that if he knew that this would happen a day before he would try to change somethings.My question is and what I really though about was:
What would I change right this instant if I had 3 minutes to live!
By the way the singer is the led singer of CULT I am not sure about Dr. Kovac.A brilliant song though don't you think??
I like what khayman says.
For every potential chance found, there is another one lost. You will never manage to experience everything you ever wished to at full, though it's ok to be aware of that single fact and be content with what you have.
Of course, the example/video of Pixie also points out how different you might feel when you discover that your life might end in few minutes and while I'd say now that if this happened to me, I'd just sit there, enjoy my last 3 minutes and wait for the bomb to explode, I can't say if it would be possibly the same if this really happened to me.
Nevertheless, it's also a nice example of a different way to view life, even though I am a bit incompatible. Especially with the "Now, not later." notion. While I understand what does this mean (If I always say later, I will postpone things for never), it's hard to my case and feels pressing when people around me say that. Sometimes I just can't..
So, what we have here are two valid ways to see life and I feel more content and less sorrowful by thinking khayman's way, never trying to say that it's the "true" way, it isn't but the preference between the two depends on every different person out there.
Επιτέλους η Pixie επέστρεψε!!! :D
Well, I'm not saying optimism is the way to go because optimism, as well as pesimism are both extremely stupid things to abide to. They both imply that you need to think in a certain way about any and all situations despite of what experience or reason might imply. This of course, as any form of generalization is utterly flawed, exactly because it tends to rely solely on empirical knowledge instead of combining the fruits of empirical knowledge with hard facts.
What I'm saying is that once you realize that every passing moment is a lost opportunity, pondering on that feeling of loss is impractical, because it forces you to miss out on even more passing moments. The "no regrets" thing is not a cool thing to do, it's a practical thing to do.
People need to stop focusing on the realization of mortality. What goes through one's mind right before one expires is unimportant. If I were to point a gun at your head and tell you I'm about to shoot you, your reaction is unimportant because it is a reaction based on terror, and terror tends to trigger primal insticts which in turn tend to nullify reason. So what if you shit your pants, so what if you are bold and brave. It doesn't matter. Only thing that matters is what you do as a free thinking person on a day by day basis.
These things are probably common to most of us but since every day life makes us more miserable,it's good that there are people who remind us of such things.
Thank you for that pixie!
Our world really would be better if anyone says or does whatever he truely wants!
@ggk
I wait for your return too sweety!!!!
@optimus,khayman, dimosthenis
with your approaches you take what I wanted to convey through the article one step forward.I am really lucky that people like you read me that have many times diverse but really well thought opinions!
Ευχαριστώ πολύ για το link. Μόλις άρχισα να διαβάζω το blog σου και, ειλικρινά, το βρίσκω πολύ ενδιαφέρον!
Bίκυ το blog σου είναι πραγματικά υπέροχο.Οταν το ανακάλυψα διάβασα όλα τα post.Αλλάξα τα settings έτσι ώστε αν θέλεις να σχολιάσεις να μην χρειάζετε να κάνεις register στον blogger.Σε ευχαριστώ πάρα πολύ!
We mortals tend to consider our time is endless. Especially in our youth, we are reckless. Still, considering every possibility without any influence of emotions and prejudices is a very hard thing to do even for a wise and educated elder. Moreover, as it is said before, we mostly lack time for that (ironic, eh?). The fast pace of the day oblige us to carry on with our learned but unconscious behaviours. We need the ability to be awaken all the day and think liberally.
About the past. It should be nothing to be ashamed of but life is not always like that. We do awful things to each other. That last three minutes... If those are mine right now, there are things I would like to take back or do right away without the second thought (that is ironic, also) as I postponed most of the things thinking it was not the right time. Maybe there is no right time.
My thoughts are disintegrating again. Maybe I have a focus problem... Hmm... Anyway, maybe I contribute later.
Gorgi, you are so right concerning time.Time is life actually and its surely limited.Maybe the right time to do the things you postpone is now gorgi!
Post a Comment